Time required: 15 minutes for preparation and 15 for answers
Goals: To get students to speak and listen to one another, to enrich vocabulary, to train by describing pictures
Materials: pictures or photocopies, papers and pens
Preparation: Football or American football is a team sport. It is played with a football on a large field that has two goalposts at opposite ends of the field. Football teams have 11 players on the field. The players wear helmets, shoulder pads, football shoes, and team uniforms. Fans buy tickets to watch their favorite teams play.
Background: This is a highly adaptable group-decision activity in which students work together to find answers for questions.
1. Divide the students into small groups, 4 or 5 people per group is a good number.
2. Students can choose any question, in any order.
3. Allow time for looking over question
4. Afterward, you may ask the group for any particularly interesting information they heard. Students can share these with the whole class.
Now students know a lot about American football and they show how they can work in groups. Ask groups to add their own questions or some new information.
Do the activity also with individual students.
What is this?
• It is a football stadium.
• Stadiums are large buildings with seats for sports fans and a field for players.
• Stadiums have large parking lots.
Why are there lines on the field?
• The lines mark the distance that players need to cover to reach the other team's goal line.
• Football fields are 360 feet long and 160 feet wide.
How many players are on a football team?
• Each team has eleven players on the field.
• Extra players wait on a bench.
What type of sport is football?
• It is a contact sport.
• A contact sport allows forceful physical contact between players.
How many goalposts are there?
• There are two. They are at opposite ends of the field.
• Teams try to put the football through their opponent's goalpost.
Who enforces the rules during a game?
• Referees enforce the rules.
• Referees wear black and white shirts.
• They blow a whistle when they need to pause the game.
What protective gear do players wear?
• They wear helmets and shoulder pads.
• They also wear special football shoes that have spikes on their soles.
What is this?
• It is a practice dummy.
• Players practice tackling the dummy.
What is this machine used for?
• It is used to paint lines on football fields.
• The lines are white.
Why are the seats empty?
• They are empty because the game hasn't started yet.
What is the woman wearing?
• She is wearing her favorite football team's hat and T-shirt.
• She has tickets to a football game.
ID: 2183 | Просмотров: 2328